IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT WALK DAY
Sunday, October 21, 2018
- at the tents on the grounds of Christian Theological Seminary near 42nd and Michigan Road (just north of Crown Hill Cemetery)
- Sign-in opens at 12:30PM. Walk begins at 2:00PM
- Around 3.5 miles long through the Butler-Tarkington Neighborhood. Clicking on the routemap image or PDF button at the top of this page will open a map you can reproduce to post and/or give to walkers.
Free parking is available at the Interchurch Center (just west of the registration area) and in the CTS parking area; handicapped parking is available north of the tent (marked area). No street parking is permitted along 42nd St. Car pooling is encouraged!
Cool water only is provided along the Walk route; walkers are welcomed to carry snacks to munch on "along the trail"!
Remind your Walkers to . . .
- bring canned/boxed food for distribution immediately to local food programs
- bring only the Donation Envelope they received
- no funds are to be brought on Walk Day for security reasons
- Encourage Walkers to also raise funds online via email [ask them to sign in under your team's name] at www.cropwalkonline.org/indianapolisin
- Remind Walkers that NO roller skates, in-line blades, unicycles, bicycles, scooters, or tricycles are permitted on Walk Day (safety concerns); however, necessary wheels are fine (wheel chairs, baby buggies, strollers, wagons carrying young children)
Walk Day Volunteers Also Needed
Non-walkers are needed on Walk Day to serve as Route Monitors, help with registration, and work at the tent. As you recruit Walkers, recruit volunteers! Descriptions of the tasks are found at the Walk website www.indycropwalk.org. By October 8 provide name and contact info of all volunteers to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (317) 847-1695. We'll confirm information with them directly. Thank you!
Contact Walk Coordinator at( 317) 847-1695 or email@example.com.
*PDF Map will open in new tab or new window. Requires Adobe™ Reader installed on your computer.